Tuesday 24 February 2009

Word of the Day

Excuse me, but I'm trying something new. The family and I are all sat on the sofa watching Nick Jr, waiting for the Simpsons.

So, I have taken this opportunity, this eye in the familial storm, to try posting a blog on the Blackberry.

Which brings me to the new word of the day I just learned.

"Blueface". Apparently, its music industry slang for a+r men because they spend the whole time at gigs on their Blackberrys, their faces illuminated by the blue light from the screen.

What cool (or book) words have you learned recently? I'm all about spreading the etymological wealth.

2 comments:

  1. I like the one I saw in the Guardian earlier this week - twart: art on twitter.

    I think it could also be used to describe anyone who might try to put art on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That's fantastic. I have made it my aim to get "twart" into conversation today. And use your joke. And claim them as my own! Mwah! Hah! Hah!

    ReplyDelete