Sunday 8 February 2009

Moral Dilemma

I failed to watch the rugby yesterday. I ended up watching "Go, Diego, Go", but, putting a positive spin on it, we all learned something about three-toed sloths. 

I've just put the finishing touches to the first Screenwriters' Diary newsletter, so it'll be nestled in your inboxes tomorrow morning. If you haven't signed up, it's still not too late. Just put your email address in the box and click on "Sign Me Up!" on blog website. 

I have a bijou dilemma-ette. My two current favourite bands in the world are the Hold Steady and (whisper it) Counting Crows. I've just discovered that they playing a gig TOGETHER on 14th May at Wembley Arena. Just imagine if it was your two favourite bands. How excited would you be?

If you haven't checked them out, I heartily recommend the Hold Steady. Their tunes are so lyrically dense, they stop being pop songs and become short stories with kick-ass backing music. 

Unfortunately, Kid C is due to make his entrance into the world exactly one week later. I've presented all the relevant documentation and the Better Half has approved my exit visa. But in the ninth month of pregnancy, anything previously agreed tends to become null and void (which, trust me, is fair enough)

Is this selfish of me? Should I book my ticket? Assuming I can find someone to go with, seeing that all my friends, who have not yet given up appearing hip, have no interest in either of the two groups...

No comments:

Post a Comment