Thursday 5 February 2009

Confusing Red Planet Update

Woo - and indeed - Yay! Snow day! 
Made it to the end of my road, saw the main road was still three inches deep in snow and not gritted and turned around. 

I've spent the morning staring out of the dining room window watching people fall over. The highlight was the guy on the bicycle with a particularly smug look on his face going arse over tit. Funniest. Thing. Ever.

Then did some writing! Double Woo and a side order of Yay! 7 pages of "Four Horsemen" down, another 20 or so to go!

But enough of me laughing at other people's pain. I cracked and emailed Red Planet yesterday. This is the email I sent:

"Hi

I hope all at Red Planet are well. I was just wondering whether an update on when the short list of finalists for the Red Planet screenwriting contest might be announced?"

And this is the very nice reply I received:

"All those who were selected for the next round have been contacted. We are now waiting to hear the winner.

This will hopefully be in a few weeks."

Now, I've asked for the numbers that have been selected because I'm not sure whether they mean the 70-odd finalists have been notified, or whether a shortlist has been drawn up from those 70-odd and they've been notified. 

I'll update with more info as and when I get it. 

3 comments:

  1. That's a bit scary ... but I got the impression that the 70 *was* the shortlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, well, I read this post:

    http://redplanetprize.blogspot.com/2009/01/nearly-not-quite.html

    and assumed there was another shortlist to be drawn up from those 70 and then they'll go on to be read by the bigwigs. There is every possibilty that I am wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That RP blog post suggested to me that there was another shortlist after the 70.

    Whatever the truth of it I hope they put me out of my misery soon. It's not *that* hard to email 70 people and tell them "you're in - woo" or "you're out - tough luck".

    ReplyDelete