Monday 16 February 2009

Meanwhile, Over At The Screenwriters' Festival Website...

...They're looking for photos and answers to the question "Where Do You Write?". Find the linkage here.

So if, like me, you want to pretend that you're doing a piece for "Writers' Rooms" in the Guardian, get yourself over there. Here's what I will be sending:


I write on the dining room table, simply because this is the only flat surface in our home that has not been consumed by the encroaching tide of family life.

My daughter likes to work alongside me. I use the phrase “likes to work”, but I actually mean “likes to pound the keyboard of her laptop with her tiny fists”.
As you can see, we have differing opinions on the writing essentials. I have my Blackberry, notebooks and a glass of wine close to hand, she has the Dora the Explorer annual, High School Musical kitchen roll and a Peppa Pig flask in easy reach.

Maybe, one day, I will have my own study where I can shut out the noise of the children playing and my partner’s laughter. Would my daily word count increase? Definitely. Would the quality of my writing improve? Possibly. Would it be as much fun? I’m not so sure.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, look at her little computer! That's so cute.

    I might do this too, though my setup has nothing so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura. Sadly, that little computer probably has more processing power than my first laptop!

    Yeah, do it. It'd be really interesting. I'd start a meme to get everyone to do it, but I don't think I have the persuasive powers!

    ReplyDelete