Tuesday 17 March 2009

Why Scooby Doo Was Rubbish...

...Even before Scrappy Doo - the Yoko Ono of the cartoon world - sent it down the toilet. 

I've worked in finance for a fair few years now. The credit crunch is all my fault. I forgot to carry the two in a calculation, tried to cover it up and it's kind of snowballed. My bad, as our friends in the American colonies might say.

So, I know what I'm talking about when I say that the business model of the average Scooby Doo villain was fundamentally flawed.

I present, for your consideration, this example; The Scooby Gang were investigating a haunted hotel. It seems that the janitor had only been pretending it was haunted, using holographic and laser equipment, in order to drive down the price of the property and then buy it cheaply.

Assuming there had been no meddling kids interface, he would've got the property at a rock bottom price, but surely he would've owed a huge whack on the hideously expensive military hardware he used? It was a completely false economy and bad business practice. And if he was so adept at using this highly advanced technology, why was he settling for life as a hotelier?

So this is my advice to all evil janitors and theme park owners. Just wait for a downturn in the market. 

Does this count as satire?

2 comments:

  1. They would have got away with it if it hadn't been for those pesky financial advisors.

    Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily, I have meddling kids insurance.

    ReplyDelete