Tuesday 24 March 2009

All Time Top 5 Part 5.

1. Betty Rubble - "The Flintstones"

Truly, until they draw a cartoon Tina Fey, there can be only one winner.

Cat in "Red Dwarf"" once said "I'd go with Betty, but I'd be thinking of Wilma." WRONG! Wilma was nothing but a shrill harridan. Betty was where it was at. 

Just look at her. A perfect image of prehistoric loveliness, waiting for me with a nice plate of mastodon after a hard day at the quarry. But what could I offer her? Apart from fire? 

I don't know what Barney was doing clearing off every night to the Water Buffalos. I'm pretty sure I could take him in a fight for her honour. Does anyone else think that Barney looks like Rick Parfitt from Status Quo?

So, what have we learned from this long, drawn-out exercise? That my perfect woman would be a red-head with glasses? Shit. My perfect woman is Anne Robinson. 

I need to go and have a shower to wash the dirt off. 

4 comments:

  1. Aha! Excellent! Somehow, I knew you'd pick Betty Rubble - not sure why though - maybe your blogwriting suggests the personality of a man who'd like a bit of bam bam with Betty.

    You should do more series like this, I've enjoyed it. Top 5 doctor who companions perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, cheers, Paul. Glad you liked it. Yeah, I had fun writing them, so something I might have to visit again!

    Couldn't do Dr Who, though. You'd all be disappointed if I ended up choosing Ace or Peter Purves! Actually, Benard Cribbins rocked in the movie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right then, I will do the Doctor Who thing - you'll be sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go on, then. I double dog dare you! :-)

    ReplyDelete