Monday 19 January 2009

The Screenwriters' Diary Is Go!!!


When I started this blog, I wanted it to have a purpose or provide a service. I just couldn't think of one. Then, this weekend, thunderbolt city. And The Screenwriters' Diary was born.
So, I've been mucking around a bit with HTML and if you look to your right, you will see a diary of future events and competitions of interest to screenwriters. I'll update it as and when I discover more things.
Click on one of the links in the agenda and then "more details" and this will show you the link to the event's official website or, if it exists, the link back to my original blog post.
If you click on "Full Calendar" beneath the Diary, it'll launch the full searchable calendar. Also, if you have Google Calendar, you can import any of the entries into your calendar. I've also managed to link it up to iCal on my MacBook and you should be able to synch it to any desktop calendar so when I update the online calendar, yours gets updated too. Let me know if you have any problems with this.
I want to make this an interactive thing between me and you, the David Turner Conspiracy. You'll note that I've added an "Email Me!" link. If you come across anything that might be of interest (competition / schemes / maybe you're having a screening of a short film), drop me a line and I can update it. In the blog post I'll name you and, if you give the details, provide a link to your blog or website. Any feedback will also be gratefully received.
You'll note that there's only one American competition listed so far, the Bluecat contest. I've entered this in the past and had good feedback on my entry. Do we think that it would be beneficial to list the American contests? Let me know. If so, I'll update the diary with those as well.
The best way to keep up to date is to subscribe to the blog, either via RSS or email, by clicking on the "Subscribe" option just above the Diary. I'd also be grateful if you could forward this post onto any other writer friends you have. The more people we can get on board, the more indepth we can make it. Onwards with the Interweb 2.0!!!

1 comment: