Tuesday 6 January 2009

And So It Begins...

I always said I'd never start a blog.

I also once said that only three types of people needed mobile phones. Poseurs, drug dealers and poseurs who want to look like drug dealers. So, consistency isn't a strong point with me.

"Who are these vainglorious fools who write blogs?" I thought. Then, researching a project I was working on, I actually began reading screenwriting blogs.

And I liked them.

They made me laugh. They made me think. I was happy for the blogger when they had a success. I was happy for me when they had a setback. Not schadenfreude, I might add, but because I realised that I wasn't alone.

I began looking into blogging. For weeks. Then I realised that I was procrastinating about a displacement activity and if that carried on, the universe might implode.

So, here begins the David Turner Procrastination Station. My tuppence worth on film and television.

On more than one occassion, I've found myself talking with groups of fellow writers about a course, competition or scheme that has passed them by so I shall post any news that I hear as well.

More soon...

2 comments:

  1. You score 10 points for thinking up an amusing name for your blog. For that reason at least I'll subscribe to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you very much, sir. You've provided me with a warm and fuzzy feeling!

    ReplyDelete