Thursday 16 April 2009

All Time Top 5 Messiahs Part 4.

2. Brian Cohen - "Life of Brian"

Well, obviously, he couldn't be number one as he's not actually the Messiah, he's merely a very naughty boy. But it's what he represents. 

The "Life of Brian" shoot was  a troubled one. It survived funding problems, Graham Chapman's rampant alcoholism and George Harrison.

Nope. I can't do it. I can't try and be funny about one of the greatest comedies ever made. Just watch this Comedy Masterclass. 




Text Book!

3 comments:

  1. I concur. That is the one comedy scene I cite as being utterly perfect.

    (Of course the only people willing to listen to me going on about what I think is perfect comedy are my kids - but until they leave home I have a captive audience. Personally I think they should have released Roderick.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur that concurrence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "We are all different."
    "I'm not."
    Comedy fried gold.

    Yes, my poor kids have constant lectures about music and film. They're 4 and 2. They only care about Peppa Pig, not the intricacies of the drum arrangements on "Fear of a Black Planet".

    You see? Isn't it better when I just shut the f*ck up and let the pros do the talking?

    ReplyDelete