Tuesday 21 April 2009

I'm Worth A Million In Prizes

I’d resigned myself to being unappreciated in my time, like Van Gogh or smallpox. But, after years of disappointment with get-rich-quick schemes, this scheme is going to get me rich. And quick.

Worried that you’re paying too much for your car insurance? Confused by all the various credit cards and extortionate loans available?

With hundreds of different price comparison sites advertising on the television, it’s difficult to know which one to use. How do you know which site is giving you the best comparisons?

Well, worry no longer. ComCom.com is the comparison site that compares the comparison sites to give you the best comparison so you don’t have to. Giving you more time to look up old flames on Facebook, only to find hundreds of people with the same name who are far more attractive.

I’m going to have Iggy Pop and Michael Winner jelly wrestling in the adverts. Though I think the slogan “Calm down, dear. It’s only a once revered 60s garage rock icon selling his soul to the devil for a quick buck.” might not be as catchy as I’d hoped.

Who’s going to give me the start-up capital?

2 comments:

  1. Sickening, ain't it? I saw this guy in 2004 and he was a revelation, he climbed the lighting scaffolding at the festival and started tearing down the lights while shaking his arse at us. What a fall from rock grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing which amuses/appals me is that as a musician, Mr Pop would find himself very hard-pressed to get insurance from the firm in question, as they're one of those 'high risk' categories of employment.
    And don't get me started on those attention-seeking members of the public singing the praises of these sites just to get their face on the adverts; they're as bad as theatre critics showering productions with hype in the hope of getting their name on the posters.
    Grrrr....
    J

    ReplyDelete