Thursday 18 June 2009

'Lost' Masterclass

I don't know about you but, personally, I gave up on 'Lost' about half way through the first series when I suddenly realised that they had no idea where they were going with the programme.

Then I caught a documentary/puff piece about the last season finale on Sky 1 and it looks like it's gone completely insane and got a hell of a lot more fun. It's even got time travel paradoxes which, as we all know, are my favourite kind of paradox. I might start watching again.

Anyway, if you're going to the Screenwriters' Festival (and, if not, why not?), there's an opportunity to take part in Masterclasses with Carlton Cuse, Damon Lindelof and the gloriously named Jack Bender (have fun at passport control, Jack!)

It's at BAFTA on 3rd July and the full details are here.

Continuing the juvenile giggling at peoples' names, did I always read the credits on Buffy correctly and the music was composed by a Thomas Wanker?

5 comments:

  1. My brother always used to pee himself laughing while watching the rick stein credits, Camera man, Chris Topliss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yes, giggled at him (I think I may have come out of some Rick Stein watching closet there)

    My brother and I always had a soft spot for the Hollywood cameraman Rusty Pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any other way of going to the event other than having tickets to the SWF? Or is it specifically for SWF ticketholders?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, I believe it's only open to those who have purchased SWF tickets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( Shame...

    I still haven't heard back yet whether I've been accepted as a volunteer at the fest. However that, of course, wouldn't get me tickets to this event either.

    I had no idea the SWF tickets meant you could attend so many other events leading up to the fest, not just the three-day event later in the year...

    Have a great time! Please blog about it :)

    ReplyDelete