Sunday 10 May 2009

Stating The Bleeding Obvious

The Better Half and I are friends with a couple. They're in a similar situation as us. A SITCOM family (Single Income, Two Children, Oppressive Mortgage) with kids of a similar age to ours.

It turns out that he's been pretty much putting it around as much as possible behind her back for the last few years. Now, I've never really liked him, but I must admit that, since this revelation, I've had a kind of grudging respect for him. 

Any adulterous married man with a full time job and two children is displaying quite exceptional time-management skills. I don't have the time and energy to disappoint one woman, let alone several.

Which is my roundabout way of saying that, of all the many balls that I've been juggling lately, the one that I'm going to have to drop is the Screenwriters' Diary. It was a nice idea, but it just takes up too much time. And that time is becoming more precious now that there are less than two weeks to go until the birth of Kid C. I have decided to officially start shitting it. 

The writing is the important part, and I'm getting some done again. I'll hopefully return to the Screenwriters' Diary in due course and I'm still going to blog as usual. Sorry about that. 
 

3 comments:

  1. I know two separate couples who are having twins (well, one of them's just had them the other pair are due soon). Count yourself lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Screenwriters' Diary is dead - long live the Screenwriters' Diary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twins? Dear God. I became utterly convinced, before the first scan, that we were having twins. Got them to double check the scan to make sure.

    the Screenwriters' Diary will rise again!

    ReplyDelete